Dan Rubin is a highly accomplished user interface designer and usability consultant, with over ten years of experience as a leader in the fields of web standards and usability, specifically focusing on the use of (X)HTML and CSS to streamline development and increase flexibility and accessibility.
His passion for all things creative and artistic isn‘t a solely selfish endeavor either—you‘ll frequently find him waxing educational about a cappella jazz and barbershop harmony, interface design, usability, web standards, typography, and graphic design in general.
In addition to his contributions to sites including Blogger, the CSS Zen Garden, Yahoo! Small Business and Microsoft‘s ASP.net portal, Dan is a contributing author of Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation (2nd Edition, friends of ED, 2003), a technical reviewer for Beginning CSS Web Development (Apress, 2006), The Art & Science of CSS (SitePoint, 2007) and Sexy Web Design (SitePoint, 2009), coauthor of Pro CSS Techniques (Apress, 2006), and Web Standards Creativity (friends of ED, 2007), writes about web standards, design and life in general on his blog, SuperfluousBanter.org, and spends his professional time on a variety of online and offline projects for Sidebar Creative, Webgraph and Black Seagull.
Books from Dan
- Beginning CSS Web Development: From Novice to Profesional (Technical Reviewer)
- From Apress, released August 28th, 2006
- Cascading style sheets are one of the most important technologies on the web today, giving web developers the power to style their web sites so they are usable, lean and small in file size, look great, display consistently across most if not all web browsers, an...
- Pro CSS Techniques (Author)
- From Apress, released November 27th, 2006
- Pro CSS Techniques is the ultimate CSS book for the modern web developer. If you've already got web design and development basics under your belt, but want to take your knowledge to the next level and unleash the full power of CSS in your web sites, then this is...
- The Art and Science of CSS (Expert Reviewer)
- From SitePoint, released March 9th, 2007
- CSS-based design doesn't need to be boring. The Art & Science of CSS brings together a talented collection of designers who will show you how to take the building blocks of your web site's design (such as headings, navigation, forms, and more) and bring them to ...
- Web Standards Creativity: Innovations in Web Design with XHTML, CSS, and DOM Scripting (Author)
- From Friends of Ed, released March 19th, 2007
- Be inspired by 10 web design lessons from 10 of the worlds best web designers Get creative with cutting-edge XHTML, CSS, and DOM scripting techniques Learn breathtaking design skills while remaining standards-compliant Here at friends of ED, we know th...