Ian Lloyd runs Accessify.com, a site dedicated to promoting web accessibility and providing tools for web developers. His personal site, Blog Standard Stuff, ironically, has nothing to do with standards for blogs (it's a play on words), although there is an occasional standards-related gem to be found there.
Ian works full-time for Nationwide Building Society, where he tries his hardest to influence standards-based design (to varying degrees!). He is a member of the Web Standards Project, contributing to the Accessibility Task Force. Web standards and accessibility aside, he enjoys writing about his trips abroad and recently took a year off from work and all things web but then ended up writing more in his year off than he ever had before. He finds most of his time being taken up by a demanding old lady (relax, it's only his old Volkswagen camper van).
Ian is married to Manda and lives in the oft-mocked town of Swindon (where the boring lot in the UK version of The Office are from) next to a canal that the locals like to throw shopping carts into for fun.
Ian is the author of Build Your Own Web Site the Right Way with HTML and CSS (SitePoint, 2006), which teaches web standards-based design to the complete beginner. He has also been technical editor on a number of other books published by Apress, friends of ED, and SitePoint.
Books from Ian
- Pro CSS Techniques (Author)
- From Apress, released November 27th, 2006
- Pro CSS Techniques is the ultimate CSS book for the modern web developer. If you've already got web design and development basics under your belt, but want to take your knowledge to the next level and unleash the full power of CSS in your web sites, then this is...
- HTML Mastery (Technical Reviewer)
- From Friends of Ed, released December 18th, 2006
- Why settle for average HTML, when you can become a master of it? Markup is the fabric that holds the web together, but most people only scratch the surface of what can be achieved using (X)HTML. That's where this unique book comes init's aimed at web designers a...
- Web Standards Creativity: Innovations in Web Design with XHTML, CSS, and DOM Scripting (Author)
- From Friends of Ed, released March 19th, 2007
- Be inspired by 10 web design lessons from 10 of the worlds best web designers Get creative with cutting-edge XHTML, CSS, and DOM scripting techniques Learn breathtaking design skills while remaining standards-compliant Here at friends of ED, we know th...
- Web Development Solutions: Ajax, APIs, Libraries, and Hosted Services Made Easy (Technical Reviewer)
- From Friends of Ed, released April 18th, 2007
- As a web user, you'll no doubt have noticed some of the breathtaking applications available in today's modern web, such as Google Maps and Flickrdesktop applications than the old style web sites you are used to. You've probably also wished that you could create ...