Before starting Erskine Design in 2006, Simon Collison was lead developer at Agenzia (www.agenzia.co.uk), where he worked on numerous web projects for record labels (Universal, Vertigo, and Poptones), high-profile recording artists (The Libertines, Dirty Pretty Things, and The Beta Band), and leading visual artists and illustrators (Jon Burgerman, Black Convoy, and Paddy Hartley). Simon also oversees a production line of business, community, and voluntary sector web sites, and passionately ensures everything is accessible and complies with current web standards.
Simon coauthored Blog Design Solutions and CSS Mastery (both published by friends of ED). His first solo book, Beginning CSS Web Development (www.csswebdevelopment.com), was published by Apress in 2006.
Away from the office, Simon runs the popular blog Colly Logic (www.collylogic.com), and he is an active member of the so-called Britpack - a collective of laid-back designers and developers who all share a passion for responsible web design. When prised away from the laptop, Simon can most likely be found in the pub or at a gig, waffling incessantly about good music, football, or biscuits.
Simon has lived in many cities, including London and Reykjavik, but has not settled back in his beloved Nottingham, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.
Books from Simon
- CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standards Solutions (Author)
- From Friends of Ed, released February 13th, 2006
- This book is your indispensable guide to cutting-edge CSS developmentall you need to work your way up to CSS professional. You'll learn how to: Plan, organize, and maintain your stylesheets more effectively Apply the secrets of liquid, elastic, and hybrid ...
- Beginning CSS Web Development: From Novice to Profesional (Author)
- From Apress, released August 28th, 2006
- Cascading style sheets are one of the most important technologies on the web today, giving web developers the power to style their web sites so they are usable, lean and small in file size, look great, display consistently across most if not all web browsers, an...
- Web Standards Creativity: Innovations in Web Design with XHTML, CSS, and DOM Scripting (Author)
- From Friends of Ed, released March 19th, 2007
- Be inspired by 10 web design lessons from 10 of the worlds best web designers Get creative with cutting-edge XHTML, CSS, and DOM scripting techniques Learn breathtaking design skills while remaining standards-compliant Here at friends of ED, we know th...
- Beginning HTML with CSS and XHTML: Modern Guide and Reference (Foreword)
- From Apress, released June 25th, 2007
- If you want to get into developing web sites, the most important thing you need is a solid understanding of Hypertext Markup Language, or HTML—the language that the majority of web site content is written in. Beginning HTML with CSS and XHTML: Modern Guide and ...