Cascading style sheets are one of the most important technologies on the web today, giving web developers the power to style their web sites so they are usable, lean and small in file size, look great, display consistently across most if not all web browsers, and are quick and efficient to change the look of if desired.
There are many books out there on CSS, but this one is different—it wastes less time discussing theory, and gets straight to the practical learning, giving the reader what they need to know quicker. In addition, it is bang up to date, covering the most modern CSS standards and design techniques.
As well as all the essential CSS basics, advanced techniques are covered, such as accessibility, hacks, and filters, and the book concludes with a case study, and a CSS reference section to allow the reader to look up required syntax as quickly as possible.
- Beginning CSS Web Development: From Novice to Professional
- Reviewed by Nate Klaiber on September 17th, 2006 @ 07:56PM
The perfect beginners guide to CSS.
Other Books by Apress
- Accelerated DOM Scripting with AJAX, APIs, and Libraries
- Beginning HTML with CSS and XHTML: Modern Guide and Reference
- If you want to get into developing web sites, the most important thing you need is a solid understanding of Hypertext Markup Language, or HTML—the language that the majority of web site content is written in. Beginning HTML with CSS and XHTML: Modern Guide and ...
- Pro CSS and HTML Design Patterns
- Design patterns have been used with great success in software programming. They improve productivity, creativity, and efficiency in web design and development, and they reduce code bloat and complexity. In the context of CSS and HTML, design patterns are sets of...