If you want to get into developing web sites, the most important thing you need is a solid understanding of Hypertext Markup Language, or HTML—the language that the majority of web site content is written in.
This book is forward-thinking because all the featured code and techniques are standards compliant and demonstrate best practices—so you won't waste time on outdated, bad techniques. Your web pages will work properly in most web browsers and be accessible to web users with disabilities, easily locatable with popular search engines, and compact in file size.
Even if you already know HTML and CSS basics, this book will still be useful to you. It features comprehensive reference tables at the back, so you can look up all of the troublesome attributes, codes, and properties quickly and easily.
Pick up a copy of this book because it:
- Teaches standards-compliant HTML--not outdated techniques
- Includes reference sections for you to easily look up syntax
- Doesn't require previous programming experience for comprehension
Bruce Lawson and Gez Lemon acted as technical reviewers of Beginning HTML with CSS and XHTML. Bruce and Gez are active members of the Web Standards Project's Accessibility Task Force, and have helped ensure that the book follows current guidelines and best practice.
- Beginning HTML with CSS and XHTML: A Modern Guide and Reference
- Reviewed by Nate Klaiber on October 10th, 2007 @ 09:47PM
This book shows you the value of understanding the history, basics, and semantics of HTML.
Other Books by Apress
- Accelerated DOM Scripting with AJAX, APIs, and Libraries
- Pro CSS and HTML Design Patterns
- Design patterns have been used with great success in software programming. They improve productivity, creativity, and efficiency in web design and development, and they reduce code bloat and complexity. In the context of CSS and HTML, design patterns are sets of...
- Pro CSS Techniques
- Pro CSS Techniques is the ultimate CSS book for the modern web developer. If you've already got web design and development basics under your belt, but want to take your knowledge to the next level and unleash the full power of CSS in your web sites, then this is...