by Aarron Walter (Author)
This is not another SEO book written for marketing professionals. Between these covers you'll find practical advice and examples for people who build websites aiming to reach their target audience. Each chapter will introduce you to best practices and fresh perspectives on how to accomplish these simple, yet indispensable goals:
- Help more people find your site
- Help users find content within your site
- Encourage return visits
The path this book travels passes through the villages of Web standards, accessibility, and contemporary technologies like Ajax, APIs, Flash, and microformats. You'll find the big ideas behind these technologies and real world examples, illustrating that you don't have to compromise the user experience to create search engine friendly, findable websites.
Although this book illuminates a broad range of findability strategies, one common theme pervades: Web standards + compelling content = improved findability = more successful sites
You'll find even more findability guidance on the book's companion website (http://buildingfindablewebsites.com) including 5 bonus chapters.
- Building Findable Websites: Web Standards, SEO, and Beyond
- Reviewed by Nate Klaiber on January 15th, 2009 @ 01:14AM
Though concise in nature, and small in size, Aarron does a great job of bridging the gap between the different disciplines and pulling those together to build a truly findable website.
Other Books by New Riders Press
- Fluid Web Typography
- The type that designers use can say as much to their audience as the actual words on the page. But until now, Web designers have had an extremely limited palette of typefaces from which to choose&738212;essentially, Arial (yawn), Times (yawn), and Georgia (yawww...
- Content Strategy for the Web
- If your website content is out of date, off-brand, and out of control, you're missing a huge opportunity to engage, convert, and retain customers online. Redesigning your home page won't help. Investing in a new content management system won't fix it, either. So...
- Handcrafted CSS: More Bulletproof Web Design
- There’s a real connection between craftsmanship and Web design. That’s the theme running through Handcrafted CSS: More Bulletproof Web Design, by bestselling author Dan Cederholm, with a chapter contributed by renowned Web designer and developer Etha...
- Bulletproof Web Design, Second Edition
- No matter how visually appealing or content-packed a Web site may be, if it's not adaptable to a variety of situations and reaching the widest possible audience, it isn't really succeeding. In Bulletproof Web Desing, author and Web designer extraordinaire, Dan C...