by Sham Bhangal (Author)
friends of ED aims to introduce you to the power of ActionScript from the perspective that you know best - design. Coding isn't rocket science but to some designers it can appear daunting. So we'll get you fully comfortable with the basic ideas of programming and how they related to design before we move on swiftly to a practical demonstration of how ActionScript is built in to a real web project. Some of the key topics included in this book:
- An introduction to programming concepts
- Planning a large ActionScript project
- The new Flash 5 dot notation syntax
- Dynamic animation for interactive games
- Implementing new Flash 5 sound commands
And to round off, you'll get a taste of advanced scripting ideas and techniques and a gently neck-stretching view forward to the higher-level interactive designs achievable with real object-oriented code. Challenging, but truly exhilarating when you happen to look down and see that you're really flying.
Other Books by Friends of Ed
- Web Design and Marketing Solutions for Business Websites
- The best business websites serve their readers with strong content, well-architected design, and a focus on usability, readability, and accessibility. This book covers the fundamental aspects of building a website that works for the company, not against it. It c...
- Textpattern Solutions: PHP-Based Content Management Made Easy
- Textpattern is a powerful, PHP-based content management system that allows you to build pretty much any kind of data-driven website quickly and easily. It is very popular among designers and developers alike, and has an active community of users. Sound good? Wel...
- Web Development Solutions: Ajax, APIs, Libraries, and Hosted Services Made Easy
- As a web user, you'll no doubt have noticed some of the breathtaking applications available in today's modern web, such as Google Maps and Flickrdesktop applications than the old style web sites you are used to. You've probably also wished that you could create ...
- Microformats: Empowering Your Markup for Web 2.0
- Microformats burst onto the scene a couple of years ago and are fast becoming an essential tool for all professional web designers and developers. Imagine being able to integrate all of your web-based contact details, tagged articles, and geographical informatio...