Why settle for average HTML, when you can become a master of it? Markup is the fabric that holds the web together, but most people only scratch the surface of what can be achieved using (X)HTML. That's where this unique book comes init's aimed at web designers and developers who have already mastered the basics of HTML and web design, but want to take their markup further, making it leaner and more semantically rich, for a more efficient, more usable/accessible web site. HTML Mastery does all that and more, showing all of the HTML tags available, including less commonly used ones, where and how to use them, and clever styling and scripting techniques that you can employ to take advantage of them on your web site. It is totally standards compliant, up to date with modern web design techniques. Forms and tables are looked in particular detail, as there is so much that can be done with them. In addition, the book also looks at some of the advanced semantic tools that look to further improve the usability and semantic value of your sitesan entire chapter is devoted to Microformats, and a nod is given to XHTML 2.0 and Web Applications 1.0web standards of the future. Summary of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: Using the Right Tag for the Right Job
- Chapter 3: Table Mastery
- Chapter 4: Form Mastery
- Chapter 5: Purpose-Built Semantics: Microformats and Other Stories
- Chapter 6: Recognizing Semantics
- Chapter 7: Looking Ahead: XHTML 2.0 and Web Applications 1.0
- Appendix A: XHTML As XML
- Appendix B: Frames, and How to Avoid Them
- HTML Mastery
- Reviewed by Nate Klaiber on January 17th, 2007 @ 10:35PM
Paul did a great job of covering HTML thoroughly and ended on a note that inspired you to think beyond the basics/
Other Books by Friends of Ed
- Web Design and Marketing Solutions for Business Websites
- The best business websites serve their readers with strong content, well-architected design, and a focus on usability, readability, and accessibility. This book covers the fundamental aspects of building a website that works for the company, not against it. It c...
- Textpattern Solutions: PHP-Based Content Management Made Easy
- Textpattern is a powerful, PHP-based content management system that allows you to build pretty much any kind of data-driven website quickly and easily. It is very popular among designers and developers alike, and has an active community of users. Sound good? Wel...
- Web Development Solutions: Ajax, APIs, Libraries, and Hosted Services Made Easy
- As a web user, you'll no doubt have noticed some of the breathtaking applications available in today's modern web, such as Google Maps and Flickrdesktop applications than the old style web sites you are used to. You've probably also wished that you could create ...
- Microformats: Empowering Your Markup for Web 2.0
- Microformats burst onto the scene a couple of years ago and are fast becoming an essential tool for all professional web designers and developers. Imagine being able to integrate all of your web-based contact details, tagged articles, and geographical informatio...