Pro CSS Techniques is the ultimate CSS book for the modern web developer. If you've already got web design and development basics under your belt, but want to take your knowledge to the next level and unleash the full power of CSS in your web sites, then this is the book for you. It is a collection of proven CSS techniques that you can use daily to get the most out of the time you spend on your projects, from start to finish.
Every topic is presented in an informative tutorial style, with each point backed up by several real-world examples and case studies. The authors cover all the essential areas of CSS development, like browser support (including IE7), hacks and filters, code management, advanced layouts and styling, typography, and much more. CSS levels 1, 2, and 3 are given a full treatment. The book also includes several reference sections that allow you to look up details quickly and easily.
The book aims to help you in four areas: maintainability, compatibility, reusability, and practicality. You'll be able to keep your code organized and easy to maintain, avoiding browser issues before they crop up (or hacking around them when absolutely necessary). You'll learn to get the most out of your styles with inheritance, and by using techniques you can build on. And you'll learn to use what works in the real world, without getting too caught up in ideals, because you can always optimize later.
- Pro CSS Techniques
- Reviewed by Nate Klaiber on January 9th, 2007 @ 10:16PM
A very thorough book on practical CSS.
Other Books by Apress
- Accelerated DOM Scripting with AJAX, APIs, and Libraries
- Beginning HTML with CSS and XHTML: Modern Guide and Reference
- If you want to get into developing web sites, the most important thing you need is a solid understanding of Hypertext Markup Language, or HTML—the language that the majority of web site content is written in. Beginning HTML with CSS and XHTML: Modern Guide and ...
- Pro CSS and HTML Design Patterns
- Design patterns have been used with great success in software programming. They improve productivity, creativity, and efficiency in web design and development, and they reduce code bloat and complexity. In the context of CSS and HTML, design patterns are sets of...