The PHP server-side application development language is ideal for rapidly producing sophisticated, database-enabled web sites, web applications, intranets, and extranets. This hands-on guide demonstrates the power and flexibility of PHP while delivering useful programming advice. Offering a detailed, reusable object toolkit, practical examples throughout, and applications to create enterprise-class software, this book will show you how to build large-scale, high-performance platforms using PHP5.
Inside, you'll find a discussion of object-oriented (OO) concepts, how to implement them in PHP5, an introduction to project management techniques, and much more - all of which will prepare you to deliver better-quality software in a shorter amount of time.
What you will learn from this book:
- Both basic and complex OO concepts and their implementation in PHP
- How to read, express, and document code using UML
- The benefits of reusing standards development techniques using design patterns
- The ways in which collections, iterators, object-persistence, and creational design patterns can be used as building blocks
- How the model-view-controller (MVC) abstraction is used in PHP
- The benefits and practical implementation of Unit Testing
- Tips for how project management methodologies, planning, and systems architecture can help you deliver better-quality applications for your clients
Other Books by Wrox
- Professional Search Engine Optimization with PHP
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is not only the job of the marketing department. It must be considered from a web site's inception and throughout its lifetime by you, the web site developer. Making changes to the architecture of a web site and modifying present...