In this book you'll learn:
- How to develop web applications quickly and easily with the Ruby on Rails framework
- The basics of programming principles and Ruby syntax, so you can begin to understand whats going on under the hood
- How to implement must-have web application features, such as user accounts, data validation, sending e-mail, image uploading, and more
- How to use Ajax techniques with Rails and when not to use them
- How to implement other Web 2.0 features in Rails, such as tag clouds and microformats
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Ruby on Rails
- Chapter 2: Installing Rails
- Chapter 3: Ruby for Rails Developers
- Chapter 4: Getting Started with Rails
- Chapter 5: More Advanced Rails
- Chapter 6: Formatting Data
- Chapter 7: Introduction to Ajax
- Chapter 8: Bringing Forms to Life with Ajax
- Chapter 9: Uploading Files and Sending Attachments
- Chapter 10: User Authentication and Session Management
- Chapter 11: Customizing Rails Views
- Chapter 12: Using Rails Plug-ins and Engines
- Chapter 13: Deploying with Capistrano
- Appendix A: Caching Your Content
- Appendix B: Testing Rails
- Rails Solutions: Ruby on Rails Made Easy
- Reviewed by Nate Klaiber on February 18th, 2007 @ 05:06PM
An excellent primer to the popular framework, Ruby on Rails.
Other Books by Friends of Ed
- Web Design and Marketing Solutions for Business Websites
- The best business websites serve their readers with strong content, well-architected design, and a focus on usability, readability, and accessibility. This book covers the fundamental aspects of building a website that works for the company, not against it. It c...
- Textpattern Solutions: PHP-Based Content Management Made Easy
- Textpattern is a powerful, PHP-based content management system that allows you to build pretty much any kind of data-driven website quickly and easily. It is very popular among designers and developers alike, and has an active community of users. Sound good? Wel...
- Web Development Solutions: Ajax, APIs, Libraries, and Hosted Services Made Easy
- As a web user, you'll no doubt have noticed some of the breathtaking applications available in today's modern web, such as Google Maps and Flickrdesktop applications than the old style web sites you are used to. You've probably also wished that you could create ...
- Microformats: Empowering Your Markup for Web 2.0
- Microformats burst onto the scene a couple of years ago and are fast becoming an essential tool for all professional web designers and developers. Imagine being able to integrate all of your web-based contact details, tagged articles, and geographical informatio...