by Aurelius Prochazka (Author)
5+ Hours of Video Instruction
Ruby on Rails has emerged as today’s most powerful, useful Web development framework. RailsSpace Ruby on Rails Tutorial makes real-world Rails development easier than ever before.
In fifteen targeted video sessions, Rails expert Aurelius Prochazka walks you through every step of building RailsSpace, a full-fledged social networking site. You’ll learn at your own pace, as you move from a static page to a robust, highly dynamic site.
You’ll walk step-by-step through implementing user registration, authentication, profiles, image uploads, blogs, searches, and more. Along the way, you’ll master all the Rails techniques you’ll need...from Model-View-Controller architecture to automated testing, refactoring to REST.
Looking for a better way to master today’s rapidly changing programming technologies? Want expert help, but don’t have the time or energy to read a book? Can’t find classroom training worth the money? Discover LiveLessons: self-paced, personal video instruction from the world’s leading experts.
- LiveLessons are video courses, on DVD with a book supplement, that are organized into bite-sized, self-contained sessions—you’ll learn key skills in as little as fifteen minutes!
- Each session begins with well-defined learning objectives and ends with comprehensive summaries, which help you track your progress.
- Follow along as your instructor shows exactly how to get great results in your real-world environment.
In 5+ hours of hands-on video training, Internet pioneer and best-selling author Aurelius Prochazka introduces developers to real-world Web application development using Ruby on Rails. To get started, click Play on the video instruction to meet your trainer and hear more about the valuable Web development skills you will acquire.
Aurelius Prochazka, a pioneer in building interactive, user-driven websites, cofounded Creative Internet Design, Inc. and ArsDigita Corporation. Aurelius coauthored RailsSpace: Building a Social Networking Website with Ruby on Rails. He is the principal developer of Caltech’s main site (caltech.edu), as well as its Admissions and Alumni sites. Aurelius holds a Ph.D. in Computational Fluid Dynamics from Caltech and is now Principal Scientist at CoolEarth, a solar energy startup.
For every experienced Web developer who wants to master Ruby on Rails and create dynamic, large-scale websites.
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Mac OS/X
- MULTIMEDIA: DVD drive, 1024 x 768 or higher display, and sound card with speakers
- COMPUTER: 1GHz or higher, 128MB RAM or more
Other Books by Addison-Wesley Professional
- Refactoring in Ruby
- The First Hands–On, Practical, All–Ruby Refactoring Workbook! Refactoring—the art of improving the design of existing code—has taken the world by storm. So has Ruby. Now, for the first time, there’s a refactoring workbook design...
- Programming In Objective-C 2.0 (Second Edition)
- Objective-C has become the standard programming language for application development on the Mac OS X and iPhone platforms. A powerful yet simple object-oriented programming language that's based on the C programming language, Objective-C is widely available not ...
- Design Patterns in Ruby
- Most design pattern books are based on C++ and Java. But Ruby is different—and the language's unique qualities make design patterns easier to implement and use. In this book, Russ Olsen demonstrates how to combine Ruby's power and elegance with patterns, and wri...
- The Rails Way
- Ruby on Rails strips complexity from the development process, enabling professional developers to focus on what matters most: delivering business value. Now, for the first time, there’s a comprehensive, authoritative guide to building production-quality software...