The Design of Sites, Second Edition, is the definitive reference for the principles, patterns, methodologies, and best practices underlying exceptional Web design. If you are involved in the creation of dynamic Web sites, this book will give you all the necessary tools and techniques to create effortless end-user Web experiences, improve customer satisfaction, and achieve a balanced approach to Web design.
After a comprehensive tutorial covering the foundations of good Web site design, you will move on to discover the thirteen major Web design pattern groups. These patterns solve recurring design problems and help design teams avoid reinventing the wheel. Patterns range from creating a solid navigation framework and the all-important home page, to instilling trust and building credibility with your customers and improving site performance through better design.
The book features
- Coverage of AJAX, the Mobile Web, and online communities
- Seventeen new design patterns to add to the original ninety, including the new blog site type
- More than twenty significantly updated patterns
- 450 four-color screen shots and diagrams, including more than 150 new images
- Key site elements, including site maps, style sheets, dynamic elements, and customer profiles
- Clear, visual organization with color-coded sections for easy reference
- A balanced approach to Web design that takes both customer and business needs into account