Tired of making web sites that work absolutely perfectly but just don't look nice?
If so, then The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is for you. A simple, easy-to-follow guide, illustrated with plenty of full-color examples, this book will lead you through the process of creating great designs from start to finish. Good design principles are not rocket science, and using the information contained in this book will help you create stunning web sites.
- Understand the design process, from discovery to implementation
- Understand what makes "good design"
- Developing pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, balance and symmetry
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes and create a palette
- Use textures, lines, points, shapes, volumes and depth
- Learn how good typography can make ordinary designs look great
- Effective imagery: choosing, editing and placing images
- And much more
Throughout the book, you'll follow an example design, from concept to completion, learning along the way.
- The Principles of Beautiful Web Design
- Reviewed by Nate Klaiber on July 9th, 2007 @ 08:18PM
Overall, this book is an excellent resource for those seeking design instruction and inspiration.
Other Books by SitePoint
- The Art and Science of CSS
- CSS-based design doesn't need to be boring. The Art & Science of CSS brings together a talented collection of designers who will show you how to take the building blocks of your web site's design (such as headings, navigation, forms, and more) and bring them to ...